Monday, January 12, 2009

WinterWonderland


Welcome to my winterwonderland. It does'nt snow too often at sea level, but this year we had a beautiful white Christmas. I didn't mind it too much except for the fact that my daughter had an extended vacation as the snow started falling 3days before break really was suppose to start.The kids had a blast and I had a cosmo!Then of course down here at sea level snow melts and rain starts to fall again, then the flooding comes, the mountains get over twenty inches of rain and 50Degree temps this means the Puyallup river that resides 6 blocks from my house is going over it's banks and for the first time in 22 years we get the "reverse 911 call to evacuate immediately!"Needless to say school was closed again, the kids had a blast ,and I had another cosmo!Thankfully just a few hours before the river was to crest at record levels it decided to reside, partly due to the poor folks down the road that took the "hit" for us when the water went over the banks in their town.
xoxo
amy

No comments: