Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Barn Lusting

I was out scouting the countryside again for some fun junk, and it was such a beautiful sunny day (very rare in these parts at this time of the year) instead of treasures to fill my truck I slowed down and started admiring these forgotten treasures. The awesome hand built barns of yesteryear. Truly when I stopped and marvelled at these magestic beauties, I just could'nt imagine how a hundred or so years ago something so grand could be built by ordinary family's and without the high tech equiptment like we take for granted today. How or who put that roof on and built those walls so high in the sky? Someday my wish is to have one of these national treasures and fill it with farm animals , fun junk and old cars. I can smell the hay already!







2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great shots! Those would be just beautiful sketched and added to my collection!! I just love old barns! That's exactly what I think........the simple times of the past and they were able to do that....and I find so many that are just falling down, and it's like a piece of the past is about to be no more....

The Rustic Victorian said...

Barns draw me into them, mostly in my mind..I wonder what it's like in there,,are there any forgotten treasures that need love. MOstly husbands do not want to "stop so I can get a shot",,,well not too often anyhow,,I saw alot of barns on our Sunday drive yesterday,and wish I had a photo of them all. I am enjoying this blog so much.
Marcie